ALAGAËSIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mod, the Merger, and the Beginning - MERGER OFFICIAL POLL

+2
Urwy
MCBM
6 posters

Go down

Should We Merge?

The Mod, the Merger, and the Beginning - MERGER OFFICIAL POLL I_vote_lcap86%The Mod, the Merger, and the Beginning - MERGER OFFICIAL POLL I_vote_rcap 86% 
[ 6 ]
The Mod, the Merger, and the Beginning - MERGER OFFICIAL POLL I_vote_lcap14%The Mod, the Merger, and the Beginning - MERGER OFFICIAL POLL I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 7

Poll closed

The Mod, the Merger, and the Beginning - MERGER OFFICIAL POLL Empty The Mod, the Merger, and the Beginning - MERGER OFFICIAL POLL

Post by MCBM 16.06.12 15:47

Hey everyone,

I am back today having finished school. So, it is time to get this whole thing going in my opinion, and I must apologize again for the inconvenience, for my being away for so long ( RL first, some times Razz )

In these past few days we have been presented with a merger of our team with Acsriot's Alagaesia mod modding team. The first, unofficial poll turned mostly positive results. Of, course, merging with Ascriot's team makes for more productivity ( since they have been very active ), speed and quality. So, before we start properly I would like to ask all of you in a poll, if you want the merger to occur. Unfortunately discussing this in IRC isn't possible, since many of us aren't accustomed to and/or do not use IRC. Thus, if you want to discuss the merger, discuss it here.

Of course it is important to note that :

1) Merging will mean that the decisions we've made will have to be discussed with the others
2) We will have to decide new leadership ( I personally do not mind stepping down, considering how greatly I've handled this mod - truthful self-sarcasm Razz- )
3) We will move to the other team's forums, considering that this forum is weak, and is also owned by Niko-Enko, who has months to show up

So, discuss, vote and let's decide this mod's future.

My personal opinion is that both we, and the others will benefit from this merger, and our productivity will increase, as well as the speed at which we work.

Voting will end in approximately 5 days. Note that after this deadline is met, the decision will be taken depending on the votes so far.

Thanks a lot,
MCBM
MCBM
MCBM
Leader

http://www.uoc.gr/

Back to top Go down

The Mod, the Merger, and the Beginning - MERGER OFFICIAL POLL Empty Re: The Mod, the Merger, and the Beginning - MERGER OFFICIAL POLL

Post by Urwy 16.06.12 18:40

First of all, Welcome back MCBM! =)

secondly, i dont think Ascriot is on their team anymore. but that doesnt really chnage the conditions for a merge, now does it?

For those that would like to know the team we'd be joining: their site.
http://eragonmodding.enjin.com/home

Personally, i dont mind the merge. But times have changed since i joined up here and i'll be doing an internship quite soon, which will probably soak up all my time.
So if the merge does happen, that be a good moment for me to demote from member to supporter. So it wont be a permanent goodbye, but you'll definitely hear a lot less from me =(

(ironic isnt it? MCBM back, and im telling you guys i'll be leaving in a month, maybe two.)
Urwy
Urwy
Still thinking about rank...

Back to top Go down

The Mod, the Merger, and the Beginning - MERGER OFFICIAL POLL Empty Re: The Mod, the Merger, and the Beginning - MERGER OFFICIAL POLL

Post by MCBM 16.06.12 19:00

Hey Urwy! Thanks for the welcome. Acsriot is back on the team, since the problem has been resolved. I have been speaking with another admin of the team, torxe, and it's most likely that the merger will be agreed by them as well.

I will promptly initiate negotiations with their leader, Armour.

Hopefully we will find common ground.

btw Urwy, good luck on your internship, and I wish you great success. As soon as you're done, you are welcome back, of course Smile

MCBM
MCBM
MCBM
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by julbeatty 17.06.12 2:31

I vote for joining them!

julbeatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Ddmlink 17.06.12 3:58

First, welcome back MCBM!

I vote for merging with the other Alagaesia mod.
1) More members, for the most part, means more productivity. Plus, not everyone has been active (looking at the Members list shows that some haven't logged in since January). I myself hadn't logged in for a while and just happened to check this mod again today to see that MCBM is back (hopefully others will do the same).
2) MCBM is willing to step down, if necessary, so there shouldn't be any leadership conflicts.

I haven't checked their forums to see their ideas or progress, but hopefully it isn't too far of a direction from ours.

And good luck, Urwy. Smile Be sure to check up every once in a while, at least.

Ddmlink
Stranger

Back to top Go down

Post by MCBM 17.06.12 5:09

Hey guys, a small update

Yesterday I spoke with torxe, admin of the AlagaesiCreationGroup, and the verdict is that our teams agree on almost everything, thus merging will be quite more easy.

The only thing that we didn't agree on, however, is the main quest, since the ACG has been thinking of the mod taking place during the "Inheritance Cycle". I shall discuss the Main Quest with the ACG's loremasters, and I'm sure we will reach an agreement, and also, find new ideas for the MQ.

Thanks,
MCBM
MCBM
MCBM
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by saker277 17.06.12 11:28

MCBM wrote:
The only thing that we didn't agree on, however, is the main quest, since the ACG has been thinking of the mod taking place during the "Inheritance Cycle".
MCBM

As long as i can still ride a dragon idc when it takes place.
saker277
saker277

Back to top Go down

Post by MCBM 19.06.12 4:52

saker277 wrote:
MCBM wrote:
The only thing that we didn't agree on, however, is the main quest, since the ACG has been thinking of the mod taking place during the "Inheritance Cycle".
MCBM

As long as i can still ride a dragon idc when it takes place.

Good point, but it is essential for the looks Razz

Btw, can the person who voted against the merger clarify the reason ( as asked in the poll ) ?

Thanks
MCBM
MCBM
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Raziel 19.06.12 17:19

XD I think we wouldn't be more productive than now, if we merge.
The others would do our job and we' d chill around like now.
I don't think that you did a bad job as an admin MCBM (k, you were absent some time, but it doesnt matter). The team just do nothing cause the motivation is gone, the fire to finish this (or even to start Razz ) is blown away...
We have to motivate the team again, that's what we need, not a new forum, or leadership or whatever.....
Raziel
Raziel

Back to top Go down

Post by MCBM 19.06.12 17:59

It's always good to work with more people thought Smile

It might be good for the motivation.
MCBM
MCBM
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by MCBM 22.06.12 6:54

Poll voting is complete! The merger is now imminent. Standby for more info.
MCBM
MCBM
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down