Creation kit preview

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Anouncement?: Creation kit preview

Post by jierda on 02.02.12 3:09

just wanted to post a heads up saying the creation kit and steam workshop previews were posted the video should be below;)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Jierda

jierda

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Creation kit preview

Post by brunnwag on 02.02.12 10:12

Nice post Smile
brunnwag
Still thinking about rank...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by blazingsentinal on 02.02.12 15:53

thanks i was thinking of doing this yesterday but didn't know how to without sounding like a COD fanboy
blazingsentinal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by brunnwag on 02.02.12 15:56

What??
brunnwag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by blazingsentinal on 02.02.12 16:05

i mean i didnt know how to word it without it just sound like "OMG OMG ITS OUT ITS OUT YAYAYYAYA!!!!!!!1111"
blazingsentinal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jierda on 03.02.12 0:34

haha very well put

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Jierda

jierda

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jierda on 03.02.12 2:15

and what is the language we need to be "aquainted" with for the ck I saw the words pyrus/papyrus and can not find it anywhere

Jierda

jierda

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AspenShadow on 03.02.12 8:58

Pyrus/Papyrus is their brand new scripting language, me and the other scripters won't be able to start learning it until the CK comes out regrettably; I have spent many hours searching, so it's looking like all the Skyrim Scripters will be in a race to finish Dragon-Riding first.

Good Luck to Saker277 our Dragon-Riding Header!
It'll bring VERY good publicity to this mod if we develop a basic Dragon-Riding Mechanic before others Very Happy
AspenShadow
Forum Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Urwy on 03.02.12 10:35

AspenShadow wrote:Pyrus/Papyrus is their brand new scripting language, me and the other scripters won't be able to start learning it until the CK comes out regrettably; I have spent many hours searching, so it's looking like all the Skyrim Scripters will be in a race to finish Dragon-Riding first.

Good Luck to Saker277 our Dragon-Riding Header!
It'll bring VERY good publicity to this mod if we develop a basic Dragon-Riding Mechanic before others Very Happy

Definitely!
If not, we could just choose the best one out there Razz
Free cookies for everyone if we win that race! afro
Urwy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by blazingsentinal on 03.02.12 15:41

well it will probably just be as simple as taking the riding script from horses and adding it to dragons then making a button to toggle whether it flys or walks
blazingsentinal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AspenShadow on 03.02.12 17:21

Yeaaaaaaahhh... It's great to be optimistic, but I really doubt it's going to be as simple as that mate, sadly there are a lot of issues as it stands in the Vanilla riding, Skyrim's physics were never built with flight intended and there will be numerous camera angle changes, model animations, function exchanges, etc. to work out before we can make significant progress, plus this is a brand new scripting language it'll take some time to pick up...

I can't speak for all the scripters obv, but I think it'll be important to have the "Alagaesian Dragon" models finished at least in draft, before significant progress can be made.
I know a lot of team members feel that the Dragons of Skyrim are FAR too different from Inheritance, so they'll likely end up as a new model with it's own animations and quirks I think, rather than an edit of the existing dragons so writing out the formula for riding existing dragons will be important obviously, but applying it to the new dragons will be work.
AspenShadow
Forum Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by brunnwag on 03.02.12 17:47

yes but the animations will be similar for both, Alagaesian dragons only differ from vanilla in size, shape and colour (and personality obv)
The main things Draco has to consider when doing the dragons is the spines down its back and that little hollow where the rider sits and the face shapes (i say we use the book covers for the english versions, but i dont know if the other languages differ? do they?)
brunnwag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by blazingsentinal on 03.02.12 18:08

i ment making the being able to ride part would be simple , not the being able to make it ride well part would be simple Smile
blazingsentinal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AspenShadow on 03.02.12 18:34

Speaking of the Dragons, we HAVE to make them take off properly (gargantuan pet peeve of mine), in almost every game I've seen including dragons (other flying creatures) they lift their feet off the ground, start slowly flapping their wings and lift into the air.
Or even worse they just sort of tilt into a soft flying out of a run (land)!

REAL Dragons full-on 'launch' themselves into the air y'know with force/thrust/speed and don't come out until they reach a higher altitude where they can glide more than fly.

A true Alagaesian Dragon can't just crouch, go into a light hover and take off flying across the Empire. It braces itself in a crouch; unfurling it's wings and squeezing those powerful leg muscles like a super-compressed spring until they shoot into the sky like a bullet, buffeting (slight knock-back effect) the area.

It may be a long-winded preachy rant lol, but it's important to remember.
AspenShadow
Forum Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by blazingsentinal on 03.02.12 18:46

well i think its should work like this:
1.dragon starts running with wings still folded
2.when it gets up to speed it jumps into the air
3.at the top of the arc as it starts falling it unfurls its wings and flys off
blazingsentinal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by brunnwag on 03.02.12 18:56

well in the books saphira justs pushes off and flies.
brunnwag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by blazingsentinal on 03.02.12 19:07

no in brisingr and inheritance it says about her jumping over the varden tents before pushing off and flying
blazingsentinal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by brunnwag on 03.02.12 19:17

ok, in 'Eragon' the one im reading now it says
"He braced himself as she crouched. Her owerfull legs surged and the air whipped past him, snatching his breath away. With three smooth strokes of her wings, she was in the sky, climbing rapidy."
no run up there Smile
brunnwag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by blazingsentinal on 03.02.12 19:22

well both work but i think my idea adds more immersion i mean, come on, its a dragon not a jump jet
blazingsentinal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by brunnwag on 03.02.12 19:43

yeah but what if your in a hollow? There may not be room for a run up?
brunnwag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AspenShadow on 03.02.12 19:52

Compromise: Dragons can't go into 'flight mode' unless they have run a certain distance/speed, or if they use a stationary charged up (muscle tensing) launch into the sky.

"The Charged Launch" is easier to use and sends you higher into the sky at a faster speed, at the expense of a (tbh VERY) small charge time.

Note: After running certain distance 'waypoints' a dragon/horse's speed increases, this continues incrementally until it reaches a species cap, this I'm building into the game regardless, horses shouldn't just start running at a full-speed and have two real speed settings: sprint and trot.

Whereas the "Blazin's Buildup Method" after a while of running at a certain speed a dragon's wings will enter a semi-unfurled state, where one jump will send you into the air/'flight mode'.

Any more agreeable for you both? You have both options in-game to choose from based on the situation.

For the record though, while both methods can be lore-justified and could be equally effective, I stand behind my earlier comments regarding the "Charged Launch" being more Draconic, they are powerful, legendary creatures not albatrosses.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit:
brunnwag wrote:I think that is an amazing idea.
cheers Lol, conflict in the workplace resolved! Very Happy

blazingsentinal wrote:how about implementing both?
Sorry didn't notice the typo, yes that's what I meant, that both methods could be used depending on the circumstance.
Like Brunnwag says there's not always going to be enough space to build up the speed to lift off, though jumping two or three times (incremental too under certain circumstances; I really should start a thread for this idea) would do it too.
But my favourite and most often used-in-Canon method is a charged 'launch' (if someone finds a better word please tell me so i can replace) high into the sky with enough raw power and speed to buffet your surroundings, would be a nice escape route if you could jump on your Dragon's back during an overwhelming fight and launch into the sky blowing them all backwards, only to fly back down within range and start an aerial assault.

Last edited by AspenShadow on 03.02.12 20:20; edited 2 times in total
AspenShadow
Forum Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by brunnwag on 03.02.12 19:56

I think that is an amazing idea.
brunnwag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by blazingsentinal on 03.02.12 20:10

how about implementing both? of you take a run up your dragon goes at full speed at once if you just jump it takes a few seconds to get to full speed
blazingsentinal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by brunnwag on 03.02.12 20:15

i thinkthats what he means You get a choice which way you take off. I think.
brunnwag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by blazingsentinal on 03.02.12 20:21

lol he posted that a second before mine i didnt even see his oops
blazingsentinal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content