ALAGAËSIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1st Scripts We Should Work On

+2
saker277
AspenShadow
6 posters

Go down

1st Scripts We Should Work On Empty 1st Scripts We Should Work On

Post by AspenShadow 12.01.12 18:36

Alright then guys in similar fashion to Raziel's work on the other "To Be Done" threads, what scripts do you think we could/should work on. I'll/We'll give some idea of their do-ability, we'll prioritise them and then got them sorted in theory so it's just writing to be done with the release of the Creation Kit.
Alright then just list possible scripts that we could or will be using here (in red please):

1. Dragon Riding (Obv)
2. Shouts into Words of Power
3. Hand-and-a-half Swords
Etc.
AspenShadow
AspenShadow
Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

1st Scripts We Should Work On Empty Re: 1st Scripts We Should Work On

Post by AspenShadow 19.01.12 14:56

4. An 'honour' system for Urgal players, so that they can marry and acculmulate respect among their brethren.
(Will help engage the player in the Urgal culture more or I fear all the races will be a simple cosmetic difference with a few race-based racist shoutouts).
AspenShadow
AspenShadow
Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by saker277 19.01.12 21:29

5. Better dragon combat AI
If the combat AI of dragons ins't upgraded from the Skyrim one, dragons won't have much point other than a fast mode of travel. The combat AI of the dragons sucked in Skyrim
saker277
saker277

Back to top Go down

Post by AspenShadow 04.02.12 1:57

It's a true shame that the Skyrim team cut that out, in th BETA version that most game testers reported on the Dragons were truly vicious, tactical and almost impossible to kill, they would snatch people from the ground mid-flight more often, they'd herd people into caves/corners and burn them alive all at once...
Oh, I miss those days and I never even knew them. In one article a guy claims he was shooting arrows from a fort-roof, when out of nowhere the dragon picked him up with his jaws and shook him like a rag doll before ripping him in half. That is the sort of wonderous gore-worthy 'moves' that dragons should have, why would a Dragon land and fight on the ground when battling a group of TOTALLY melee soldiers, not even a risk of a lucky arrow piercing a wing membrane Evil or Very Mad
AspenShadow
AspenShadow
Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by saker277 04.02.12 2:02

it would be totally epic to make the dragons combat AI like that. I plan on something along those lines.
saker277
saker277

Back to top Go down

Post by Zetabyte 23.02.12 20:47

Linking magic and stamina

I noticed in the book that magic drains the users energy. What that means in game play terms is that magic and stamina are linked. Perhaps they should be a single bar?

We may need to re-balance how much attacks, running, and magic impact the combined bar. But in the mean time, the simplest solution is probably to have the one bar contain double the points (100 stamina + 100 magic = 200 combined points). We should be able to adjust that point value if we need to tighten up the combat and prevent the player from being too powerful.
Zetabyte
Zetabyte

Back to top Go down

Post by Punkatsub 23.02.12 22:22

2.voice to shouts mod has already been made with tuumic shouter so we will need to get permission from psychohampster and the other creators, aspen i understand that being indepth is important but the urgal thing truly doeswn't matter, until at least 80% of the game is made we don't want the game to end up being 8gb+ which will lead to several spilt file which leave a more likely chance for bugs, glitchs, etc,
sorry just a bit of ranting
Punkatsub
Punkatsub

Back to top Go down

Post by blazingsentinal 24.02.12 9:04

punkatsub were not making the player say the shouts, by shouts into the ancient language aspen means we'll remove the old magic system and use shouts as regular magic
blazingsentinal
blazingsentinal

Back to top Go down

1st Scripts We Should Work On Empty Reworked Magic system

Post by Crazyb56 06.03.12 5:25

Zetabyte wrote:Linking magic and stamina

I noticed in the book that magic drains the users energy. What that means in game play terms is that magic and stamina are linked. Perhaps they should be a single bar?

We may need to re-balance how much attacks, running, and magic impact the combined bar. But in the mean time, the simplest solution is probably to have the one bar contain double the points (100 stamina + 100 magic = 200 combined points). We should be able to adjust that point value if we need to tighten up the combat and prevent the player from being too powerful.

I am actually starting to look into making a mod similar to that. I had the idea and started to mess around. When I looked to see if anyone had done something similar, thats how I found this project!
My idea is simply this:
(originally I was going to use this with the vanilla version but it works great here, as it was based of the Inheritance Cycle anyway!)

-delete the "magicka" bar completely
-replace stamina with energy or something along those lines
-have the character start out with much more energy(stamina) (i.e. 200 instead of 100)
-magic draws from energy and is balanced according to what is being done, like throwing a dragon vs throwing a catapult vs throwing a rock, varies depending on hugeness of flames,
-also "flight" with magic similar to what Eragon used while rescuing Sloan; would need to be heavily tweaked because this can quickly become game braking (i.e. no more crawling around mountains trying to find a safe path up, just up, up, and away)
-magic cost affected by distance, not sure how that's going to work yet
-once stamina is drained it starts to draw from heath, my thinking is it would draw half as much from health as from stamina but would require tweaking
-the giving the player more stamina would further be explained by them being joined with a dragon because of the elf-like qualities gained in the joining, and the slow transformation thereafter. Also this explains the ability to be able to run much longer and faster than normal humans
-This would also easily allow for the use of jems (such as those in the pommels of riders swords) as energy batteries. This would be balanced and made more useful/practical by having much slower regeneration

That is a badly categorized list and I will redo it later but that is the general idea.

I would like to help in developing this further, also I am very interested in helping with mapping and the like. Extremely excited to see what comes out of this mod!

Last edited by Crazyb56 on 17.03.12 22:12; edited 1 time in total
Crazyb56
Crazyb56
Stranger

Back to top Go down

Post by AspenShadow 06.03.12 17:40

I apologise, this is a very old thread of mine and a lot has been done/discussed since it's creation which I haven't updated on here.

Zetabyte: That is one of the first things I'm working on, atm it's still in the theory stages, but it should be easily manageable. I'm working on rebalancing the activity deductions and since we're redesigning so much of the game, I'm not going to start seriously on that until we're into the Alpha stage.

Punk: Sorry for the confusion Sentinal is correct, I've looked at Thuumic Shouter and it really is a nice little piece of kit, but what I was referring to was the restructure of our Alagaesian Magic system, so that all spells had attached audio and the shouts were the nearest thing to this in Skyrim already.
As to the Urgal Honour System; which has since been expanded into the Alignment/Race-Reputation System, that won't be started until almost all of the work is done and even then it'll be limited so as not to cause memory issues.

And finally Crazy: I'm glad to see you found us Smile Working together on it will be infintely easier than doing it solo, the ideas you've posited are pretty much exactly what I had in mind and I have some ways around the distance variable issue, I hadn't considered taking mass/weight into account with Kinetic spells and I really like the idea.

Glad you're excited about the Conversion, we are too lol Wink And if you want to help on the development, we'd be more than happy for you to join us. Just apply on the Applications thread in the Information section and you'll be officially approved next time MCBM comes online.
If you want to toss a few ideas or methods around about the 'Energy Conversion' work, just send me a PM.
AspenShadow
AspenShadow
Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum