ALAGAËSIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rider's Sword

+3
MCBM
brunnwag
saker277
7 posters

Go down

Rider's Sword Empty Rider's Sword

Post by saker277 17.01.12 20:28

I still have a few hundred pages to go in the final book so i don't know if this is true, but isn't there no more bright steel to forge the rider's blades with? I was just thinking that if that is the case, a quest to find more bright steel would be a really good idea. Maybe it could be like a trek across Alagaesia in search of the bright steel for your rider's weapon. What do you think?
saker277
saker277

Back to top Go down

Rider's Sword Empty Re: Rider's Sword

Post by brunnwag 17.01.12 21:10

Love your sig btw, we work in the dark to serve the light Smile
Anyway we dont find out... So its a possability maybe its near mor'ranr (eragons place)
I like the idea tbh.
brunnwag
brunnwag
Still thinking about rank...

Back to top Go down

Post by MCBM 18.01.12 15:19

yeah brightsteel will definitely be part of the mod. It's location, we'll figure out.
MCBM
MCBM
Leader

http://www.uoc.gr/

Back to top Go down

Post by blazingsentinal 19.01.12 15:34

how about there is a mine full of brightsteel and magical creatures in mor'ranr and one of the final tests before you become a rider is to go in and get a piece of brightsteel for your riders sword.
blazingsentinal
blazingsentinal

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonDraco 19.01.12 16:01

Didn't brightsteel come from meteor?
AnonDraco
AnonDraco

Back to top Go down

Post by blazingsentinal 19.01.12 18:22

maybe a meteor crater then? i just think it should be more interesting than "here's a sword!" or "we dont have any brightsteel left, go and spend the next 10 years travelling around alagaesia looking for some"
blazingsentinal
blazingsentinal

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23.02.12 11:03

We shouuld add Rhunon! She's the only one who knows how to make a rider's sword

Back to top Go down

Post by AspenShadow 23.02.12 13:18

A Brightsteel meteor impacts/ed nearby and breaks through into an underground cave, one you're tasked to retrieve it it's discovered that the underground cave is part of a large network of smaller tunnels and cave systems, hostiles start pouring from the openings. They keep coming in greater numbers; drawn to the meteor and driven wild by it they are very protective of it, you'll be attacked and overwhelmed unless you harvest a meteor fragment quickly and get out of a trigger area, at which point the swarms will stop coming and after dealing with the creatures that are there, a cinematic will play where your Dragon causes a cave in; crushing them all and burying the cave, as you fly out and make your escape.

Questions? Suggestions? Thoughts?
AspenShadow
AspenShadow
Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by brunnwag 23.02.12 18:59

i was thinking it could be tied in with MCBM's language and whoever spoke it. Maybe the lived in catacombs in the area between Hedarth and Mor'ranr? Maybe even use my runes idea where they give a riddle and a clue to where the next rune is. Along the way these runes will help you find many things like maybe a legendary armour set in an ancient shrine of thiers and eventually the brightsteel.
brunnwag
brunnwag

Back to top Go down

Post by tsx1096 23.02.12 19:56

Going off of the meteor, How about rhunon gives you a quest to find brightsteel for a sword. There is no waypoint, and you'll have to ask people about rumors, pickpocket officials (maybe they might know about it...) and use many skills (cunning, intelligence, and brute force) to track down the location of the meteor. You will not be able to find the meteor until you finish all the tasks for rhunon (if we're going off of my other idea on how to forge the sword), and it will not appear on the map. Anywho, say there isn't just brighsteel in that meteor, but something else (could be anything not native to the area). The riders swords are incredible, and thus should require time and patience to find and get.
tsx1096
tsx1096

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26.02.12 15:55

brunnwag wrote:i was thinking it could be tied in with MCBM's language and whoever spoke it. Maybe the lived in catacombs in the area between Hedarth and Mor'ranr? Maybe even use my runes idea where they give a riddle and a clue to where the next rune is. Along the way these runes will help you find many things like maybe a legendary armour set in an ancient shrine of thiers and eventually the brightsteel.
I agree perfectly

Back to top Go down

Post by brunnwag 26.02.12 18:00

Maybe a large part of the meteor landed near mor'ranr and the race used to worship it? Maybe it glows and stuff.
brunnwag
brunnwag

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum