ALAGAËSIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AspenShadow's Conversion Progress

Go down

AspenShadow's Conversion Progress Empty AspenShadow's Conversion Progress

Post by AspenShadow 14.02.12 23:50

I've got quite a few projects flittering about atm, so I thought it'd help me get things straight in my head while letting the team get a glimpse of my overall progress; rather than just the Irc channel regulars.
I've noticed that all the other progress pages are starting to stack up a bit, so I'm just gonna keep editing this main post as I complete projects, maybe with a few screenshots where applicable and leave the comments section for Q&A, rather than constant status updates.
Project Listing is random and doesn't indicate priority, due-date, etc. there is no order to the numbering)

Ready-for-Review / Completed
N/A

In The Works
1. WoP --> Ancient Language Conversion
2. Stamina + Mana --> Energy Conversion
3. New Spell Creation
4. Inheritance Magic System
11. Alagaesian Realism System

Incoming
5. Realistic Speed System
6. The New Energy System
7. Reputation/Honor System
8. Energy Storage
9. Hand-And-A-Half Swords
10. Mounted Combat (Dragon or Otherwise)

1. The Conversion of Words of Power into ALWords is one of the first things I worked on after the Creation Kits release.
{14/02/12} So far the only thing preventing it from becoming the 1st addition to the 'Completed' section is the complete lack of Voice-Acting/Audio to accompany the words.
{29/02/12} I've finished a long list of 'Test Words' that I need audio for, and while I've recently got confirmation that Sentinal is working on the Voice-Acting, NO-ONE else has. I was under the impression we had quite a few Voice-Actors on the team, even if everybody who said they could work on Voice-Acting did a single word/phrase then 1/3 of the work would be done and we could be celebrating one of the first completed parts of our mod; which set in Alagaesia will revolve heavily around the Ancient Language. Please Voice-Actors, set aside a half-hour in your week, so Sentinal doesn't end up doing every gruelling ALWord/Phrase by himself!

2. One of the major Skyrim --> Inheritance problem is that strenuous acts drain Stamina and Magic drains Mana, this will be converted into one large pool of Energy; the value created from their ashes lol.
{14/02/12} I ran into quite a few issues with this one as I'm trying to eliminate values CRUCIAL to the game and create a completely new one; this isn't even possible inside the Creation Kit, so I decided for now I'm just setting all Mana values to "0" and having it draw from the Stamina value which is being increased for every living creature, after this process is complete and Stamina is properly renamed and working as 'Energy', I could use an artist's help in changing the HUD, you'd just need to make a few changes: wiping Stam+Mana and creating a larger White-coloured Energy bar and a few journal/help graphics where the values are mentioned.

3. Sadly Christopher didn't fully add to his language outside of neccessity and so many spells need to be created that fully utilise both the already-created words and newly fashioned ALWords; crafted by moi.
{14/02/12} As of the moment I've been devoting most of my time to other projects as most of this is simple creative work and combining words to form inventive new spells, that the writers can quite easily perform while we wait for the 'Lock' imposed on the Main-Quest-Issue to lift; I've created another topic for this if you're interested.
{29/02/12} I have since created a long and tiresome list of around 75 'base spells' (spells that provide foundation for different variations/improvements upon) that can be implemented in the game and am in the process of finding the most appropriate ALWording and creating their various magic effects; most of which are brand new and annoying to work out properly, I'm really hitting a road-block with deflecting/catching arrows atm it affects Skyrim Physics... negatively.

4. The Inheritance Magic System is basically the In-Game side of the Spell Creation project, creating new magical effects and editing/fiddling-with the old ones and matching it up with the appropriate commands, while ensuring this isn't buggy.
{14/02/12} I've been focusing on finishing other projects, so the furthest I've come with this atm, is a partial completion of the classic InheriSpell "Brisingr", the goal is the magical spell effects will differ based on the context they are used in, while aiming an arrow "Brisingr" should set it alight (temporary fire enchant), but alone it should just conjure fire; this also brings up the work I'll be doing on being able to use magic independent of other actions (can't use magic/shout while swinging a sword).

5, 6, 7 & 8. All have their own "short-novel length" threads for you to enjoy lol, so I shan't mention them here until I have progress to report.

9. The Hand-And-A-Half Swords require a new system that is still largely in debate, but my thoughts on it so far is that the sword would act as a One-Handed sword until you toggle some sort of 'Grip Button', which makes it function and swing as though it were a Two-Handed sword. And ofc this type of sword would probably have it's own skill/perk tree that would open up it's perks/levels based on your TwoHand and OneHand skillpoints and perks.

10. Mounted Combat really needs no explanation I 'd hope, though I'll take the oppurtunity to impress upon the team how difficult it'll be to work into the mod; unless another modder creates it and graciously shares his secret with us, it's do-able don't get me wrong, and Me & Saker should be collaborating on it at some point in the future, but Dragon-Back combat will probably be a whole lot more limited than horseback.

11. Our Realism system was always going to be an amalgamation of various mods employing similar systems; adapted and reconfigured to suit our Mod.
{29/02/12} I was planning on waiting quite a while before starting this one, in order to give the Skyrim Modding Community time to get moving, but lo and behold they have -as always- exceeded my expectations and there is already a high quality, re-useable and weighty Sleeproll/Tent for making camps, Filling Food, Required Sleep, Extinguished Light during the day and lit ones at night, Realistic and MORE Twisted Evil Blood, HUD Effects with Exhaustion/Drunk/Injured/Poisoned, Better Ragdoll Physics, Better Decapitation/Stagger/Debilitating Blows, Useable Mount Saddle-Bags that weight down, Drinking Water and Filling Water Skins from Water Sources, Requirement to Eat/Sleep/Drink, Exhaustion affecting Speed and Damage, Making a basic fire and cooking hunted raw meats on it, At certain levels of Hunger you now need to eat a 'proper' meal rather than a sweetroll lol to make any difference and finally Sickness from drinking poor quality/stagnant water. Bravo! With all these to work from I'll not be short of work on this now...

Thanks, I hope to get a whole lot done with this mod and as always...

Questions? Suggestions? Thoughts? Wink
AspenShadow
AspenShadow
Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

AspenShadow's Conversion Progress Empty Re: AspenShadow's Conversion Progress

Post by AspenShadow 29.02.12 16:02

I've just posted the 1st Draft Spell list on the Voice-Actor's Call-to-Action thread, I'd advise most of the team to check it out and sound their ideas/suggestions.
AspenShadow
AspenShadow
Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29.02.12 20:39

Good work AspenShadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down