ALAGAËSIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saker277's Dragon Riding Progress

+4
brunnwag
MCBM
blazingsentinal
saker277
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Saker277's Dragon Riding Progress - Page 2 Empty Re: Saker277's Dragon Riding Progress

Post by Livan 24.02.12 10:43

I was wondering, in skyrim, all the large cities is in their own cell, but when you fly, how will you acsess the cities?

Livan

Back to top Go down

Saker277's Dragon Riding Progress - Page 2 Empty Re: Saker277's Dragon Riding Progress

Post by Guest 24.02.12 10:47

Maybe when you go to anothe cell there's a loading image. Impossible to load all the world together

Back to top Go down

Post by brunnwag 24.02.12 12:53

No it can't be, remember when we said about having a fog or mist so the far distance isnt shown. And for towns and cities (mainly cities) there should be an invisible wall and when you get to it it says "Press _ to land in Ellesmera"
_ isnt any particular key just using it till we choose. Of you select yes it goes into a landing animation where the town loads. Then you and you dragon can walk around, but if you want to leave you have to do the animated exit.
Thoughts?
brunnwag
brunnwag
Still thinking about rank...

Back to top Go down

Post by Livan 24.02.12 13:22

I think that is a good solution.

Livan

Back to top Go down

Post by MCBM 24.02.12 16:58

Wait, wouldnt that mean that flying over cities will be impossible?
MCBM
MCBM
Leader

http://www.uoc.gr/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24.02.12 17:02

Flying over cities will posbbile but flying over all alagaesia won't be possible

Back to top Go down

Post by MCBM 24.02.12 17:03

i dont see why
MCBM
MCBM
Leader

http://www.uoc.gr/

Back to top Go down

Post by brunnwag 24.02.12 20:14

MCBM wrote:Wait, wouldnt that mean that flying over cities will be impossible?
i dont know how. Even skyrim has loading screens for thier 'cities' and most of our big ones, if not all of them, are gonna be bigger than them Razz
I'd love it if we could do it without. I reckon we just experiment with them Very Happy
brunnwag
brunnwag
Still thinking about rank...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24.02.12 21:03

PC can't hold the entire map in the same moment,. We could do like GTA that far things disappear, and they appare when you arrive close to them

Back to top Go down

Post by saker277 24.02.12 23:05

if every cell on the map was loaded your computer would be possessing every actor,object,ect. in every cell. it would be doable, but your average gamers doesn't have a computer that could process that much data at once.

The idea of having the button in order to land in cities is good, but how about instead of having to either land or fly away, we could just put a spot on the map that would allow for landing in the city and the city would be in it's own cell, but on the world map there would be a low detail copy of the city with most of the structures in place but no objects or actors.
saker277
saker277

Back to top Go down

Post by Livan 24.02.12 23:16

I liked that idea, but could there also be a "battle mode" with limited flight area, hight, but you see actors, NPC's high detail buildings etc?

Thus, you can change between "Battle mode" and "Travel mode" mid-air, seeing that you are not under attack. The changes would maby require a loading page.

Livan

Back to top Go down

Post by saker277 28.02.12 20:52

update
saker277
saker277

Back to top Go down

Post by DuneD 01.03.12 13:27

Well I kind of managed to get something close to a flying dragon but I hit a dead end while trying to play animations, its kind of a long story Ill start from the begining.
So my first idea was to create a simple riding dragon, that result to be tricky at first but once I got myself around Nifskope I managed to create a SaddleBone node, and using that skeleton and disabling "fly" got myself a rideable dragon, that could only walk around, then is when the scripting came in, I made a system that incremented the xyz axis according to the angle of the player's view, but I discovered a big problem, while riding a horse/dragon/anything, the player didnt return the x plane (up and down), after looking at ways to do it and driving myself nuts, I came to the conclusion that it was not possible, at least with papyrus, so I decided instead of making a flying ring, to check how my code worked and to get around how the TranslateTo and the SplineTranslateTo functions worked.
After getting the ring perfectly working I found out an animation (while looking for a cool animation for my char to fly) that was basically the riding animation, with the plus I was able to get the x-plane, that put me back into the flying dragon mount, basically there is a function SplineTranslateToRefNode that lets me move the player to the dragon SaddleBone node at given speed and tanget magnitude, and boala, very glitchy but I got the dragon and the player move at the same time, with the player on top of the dragon playing the riding animation, it was perfect, so I began to mess with the dragon's animations... Well let me say that was a complete fail, whenever you try to play any idle, animation, animationevent or action on the dragon, basically starts doing what he wants and the Translate function stops working properly, so yea I got a flying standing dragon, because thats the default animation it plays, no wing flapping, no hovering, just standing and breathing..

DuneD

Back to top Go down

Post by saker277 20.03.12 15:06

Update
saker277
saker277

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2