ALAGAËSIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mapping - Stage 1 - Palancar Valley

+5
AnswerMan
AspenShadow
brunnwag
Raziel
MCBM
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Mapping - Stage 1 - Palancar Valley Empty Mapping - Stage 1 - Palancar Valley

Post by MCBM 05.01.12 10:50

In this topic progress on Palancar valley will be posted as soon as work begins.
MCBM
MCBM
Leader

http://www.uoc.gr/

Back to top Go down

Mapping - Stage 1 - Palancar Valley Empty Re: Mapping - Stage 1 - Palancar Valley

Post by Raziel 08.01.12 19:02

To keep the real distances- will we use the technique I suggested in the video?
Raziel
Raziel

Back to top Go down

Mapping - Stage 1 - Palancar Valley Empty Re: Mapping - Stage 1 - Palancar Valley

Post by MCBM 08.01.12 20:07

Yep, its a good method though we won't make the distances 100% real. We will be forced to compress it to like 50% lest we will need like 60 Skyrims xD

BTW : Link your video here too for others to see it.
MCBM
MCBM
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by brunnwag 08.01.12 20:24

50% damn, if only we could get it full scale and then this would be the best mod ever made because it would take me years to visit all the places I want to see Smile
brunnwag
brunnwag
Still thinking about rank...

Back to top Go down

Post by Raziel 09.01.12 17:15

Ok heres the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8zo7gn2gUs&feature=channel_video_title

I think the first part doesn't really matter anymore?
Anyway all MAP EDITORS should watch the video....

50% ? are you shure? To my mind that would be a bit to little ..
Raziel
Raziel

Back to top Go down

Post by MCBM 09.01.12 19:59

too little? Dude if we make it 100% it will be more than big. It will be massive and will take us MANY years to finish, more than we can afford. We can't have the player running for 7 real time hours to get to Arroughs from Dras Leona for Christ's sake Razz
MCBM
MCBM
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Raziel 10.01.12 19:07

Yeah ok you're right Very Happy
But with a dragon you can fly through Alagaesia really fast....
Raziel
Raziel

Back to top Go down

Post by MCBM 10.01.12 19:30

not really. If we make dragons really fast it will cause CPU overload.

We will have to make dragon flight approximately as fast as a 500pt magnitude levitate spell from Morrowind.
MCBM
MCBM
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by AspenShadow 11.01.12 13:30

Travelling across the Hadarac Desert pushing your mounts as fast as they can go without stopping to rest very often or combat desert denizens took Eragon and Murtagh eight days their journey was one hundred and thirty leagues, using that scale a player can at maximum travel 0.7 (1dp) leagues per game hour.
So you'll probably need to take that into consideration while planning the scale of our Alagaesia or alter the time rate accordingly (within reason).
AspenShadow
AspenShadow
Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by MCBM 11.01.12 13:47

yeah maybe we will set the timescale to 1 ( real time ), but still compress Alagaesia. So maybe even compress the timescale to like each half real-time hour = 1 game hour.
MCBM
MCBM
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Raziel 11.01.12 14:49

By the way there are several possibilities to start:

1. - Create every part of Alagaesia
- Create the high- and lowpoints of every part
- Create the statics of every part(forests, cities, rocks, nearly everything)
-when we know the plot: Create the interrior cells of every part
- place the npcs and items in every part.

2. - Create a single part of Alagaesia
- Create its high- and lowpoints
- Create its statics
- Create its interrior cells
- place the npcs and items in the part.
- Create the next part and so on...

wich is better?
Raziel
Raziel

Back to top Go down

Post by AspenShadow 11.01.12 15:53

I can't speak for MCBM, but I think he posted on the other forum that we'd use the second method starting with Palancar Valley and working outwards.

In my honest opinion, I think it'd be easier to build Alagaesia via the second method anyway, it would give a greater sense of accomplishment and progress to the team.

Also we'd have a completed space in which the non-map-editors could test their ideas, scripts, objects, items, etc. while the Mappers continue on... still down to everyone I think, start a poll maybe?
AspenShadow
AspenShadow
Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Raziel 12.01.12 16:57

AspenShadow wrote:

In my honest opinion, I think it'd be easier to build Alagaesia via the second method anyway, it would give a greater sense of accomplishment and progress to the team.

Yes? I don't think so. The first method would give a faster sense of progress to the team.

AspenShadow wrote:
Also we'd have a completed space in which the non-map-editors could test their ideas, scripts, objects, items, etc. while the Mappers continue on.

The non-map-editors can also test their ideas in the world of Skyrim.
Raziel
Raziel

Back to top Go down

Post by Raziel 12.01.12 17:20

Mapping - Stage 1 - Palancar Valley Palancarvalley.th

By the way this should be the palancar valley...

Raziel
Raziel

Back to top Go down

Post by brunnwag 12.01.12 17:47

yes and i like the second idea, then we could have people checking everything works and loads (Excuse) i'd really want to try out the parts and if them things do need checking i volunteer Razz
brunnwag
brunnwag

Back to top Go down

Post by AnswerMan 13.01.12 1:25

The term parts is a loose word though. If we have parts, they need to broken up before hand and worked out perfectly because if a part is too small it could be tedious to travel.
AnswerMan
AnswerMan

Back to top Go down

Post by MCBM 13.01.12 21:06

We will properly create border zones for accessing ofther worldspaces. Perhaps we could do something to save ourselves the trouble of creating the worldspaces to be viewable from the current one.

This means we have to come up with an idea. This is mine :

Palancar Valley and Coast zone is walled off by mountains. That's beneficial, for it can help us create the worldspaces. However, the Spine should be made a seperate worldspace as well. That's a problem. Thus there is one solution : We wall it off. We may say that Nasuada decided to wall off sections of Alagaesia for protection. This presents us with a grand solution to the problem. Gates could be set on the walls.

So the idea is : The Great Wall of Alagaesia.
MCBM
MCBM
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by brunnwag 13.01.12 21:10

I actually think the first idea is better but it would take a whole lot of work, I don't like the idea of impassable areas or the worlds space change thingys, you know.
brunnwag
brunnwag

Back to top Go down

Post by MCBM 13.01.12 21:18

Still if we are going to make Alagaesia fairly big, it will cause serious issues with the less powerful computers, as it will require Massive amounts of RAM.

I don't like it either but we might have to section it off..
MCBM
MCBM
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonDraco 13.01.12 21:41

"Massive amounts of RAM. "
RAM is cheap as soap nowdays, i have 12gigs Very Happy
AnonDraco
AnonDraco

Back to top Go down

Post by MCBM 13.01.12 22:22

true that Very Happy
MCBM
MCBM
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Raziel 14.01.12 17:39

What are you talking about Question The computer won't load the whole world,
it will load several cells (depends on the rander view settings)!

And I don't like the idea of having walls anywhere. And walls doesn't even make sense in a game where you are able to ride a dragon
Raziel
Raziel

Back to top Go down

Post by MCBM 14.01.12 20:29

oh yeah I forgot about that part...

so maybe we should make it whole anyway. I see the point now.. still it would be streching..but Tamriel rebuilt hasnt caused any problems with Morrowind so we might as we...

Alright, the decision is not up to me. RAISING POLL # 3 Very Happy
MCBM
MCBM
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by brunnwag 14.01.12 20:33

lol, we'll be on Decision poll 999 by the time we've finished... not that its a bad thing tho Smile
brunnwag
brunnwag

Back to top Go down

Post by MCBM 14.01.12 20:36

Democracy is the solution to everything my friend Smile
MCBM
MCBM
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum