ALAGAËSIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mapping - Stage 1 - Palancar Valley

+5
AnswerMan
AspenShadow
brunnwag
Raziel
MCBM
9 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Mapping - Stage 1 - Palancar Valley - Page 2 Empty Re: Mapping - Stage 1 - Palancar Valley

Post by MCBM 14.01.12 20:36

Democracy is the solution to everything my friend Smile

MCBM
Leader

http://www.uoc.gr/

Back to top Go down

Mapping - Stage 1 - Palancar Valley - Page 2 Empty Re: Mapping - Stage 1 - Palancar Valley

Post by Raziel 15.01.12 11:58

AnonDraco wrote:"Massive amounts of RAM. "
RAM is cheap as soap nowdays, i have 12gigs Very Happy

Ha wait Laughing That kind of RAM doesn't matter much.
We're talking about graphic-ram, and if you want to have more graphic ram
you have to change the graphicscard
Raziel
Raziel

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonDraco 15.01.12 17:28

Raziel wrote:
AnonDraco wrote:"Massive amounts of RAM. "
RAM is cheap as soap nowdays, i have 12gigs Very Happy

Ha wait Laughing That kind of RAM doesn't matter much.
We're talking about graphic-ram, and if you want to have more graphic ram
you have to change the graphicscard

2gigs of that. Razz
AnonDraco
AnonDraco
Still thinking about rank...

Back to top Go down

Post by Raziel 15.01.12 18:34

Yeah that will be enough Very Happy
Raziel
Raziel

Back to top Go down

Post by MCBM 15.01.12 20:12

Damn ill need to upgrade
MCBM
MCBM
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by brunnwag 24.01.12 18:06

Come on CK ! Release yourself now! I'm going to die of suspense soon ! We could Finally get going. Hows the map going to look anyway? Is it going to be a 3d model like in skyrim if so we need a clasic alagaesia map available as i think that would be nice.
We'd need the syrim map as Mor'ranr is unmaped, i just hope CP approves of our name and layout of the place...
brunnwag
brunnwag

Back to top Go down

Post by Raziel 29.01.12 15:03

brunnwag wrote:Come on CK ! Release yourself now! I'm going to die of suspense soon ! We could Finally get going. Hows the map going to look anyway? Is it going to be a 3d model like in skyrim
Is there any other possibility?
Raziel
Raziel

Back to top Go down

Post by brunnwag 29.01.12 15:24

It could be like the oblivion maps? Do you think the CK will let us edit the loading screen? Because we dont want stuff like " skyrims horses make up in strength what they lack in speed." do we.
brunnwag
brunnwag

Back to top Go down

Post by MCBM 30.01.12 10:30

Yeah loading screens will most likely moddable. We can only wait and see...

WHAT IS BETHESDA DOING?? ARE THEY STALLING???
MCBM
MCBM
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by brunnwag 30.01.12 16:54

Yeah I could write the loading screens, or most of them. Smile imagine a line of of riders swords then something like...
" Each rider has an his individual sword. Forged from tempered bright steel and woven with elven magic the swords come through unscaved from almost all battles. They blades colour matches the colour of the riders dragon's scales. They can even break most magical barriers"
What do you think? I can always cut or add bits
brunnwag
brunnwag

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.02.12 20:23

The second way is much better. As MCBM said the map is very big, doing all it in one time is impossible, so it's better to divide it in parts

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.02.12 20:23

The second way is much better. As MCBM said the map is very big, doing all it in one time is impossible, so it's better to divide it in parts

Back to top Go down

Post by blazingsentinal 04.02.12 20:38

im going to make a separate thread for loading screen text otherwise this will be spammed by them hold on a sec
blazingsentinal
blazingsentinal

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.02.12 22:47

So after the creation tool will be out, you'll start mapping? Only 3 days Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by MCBM 05.02.12 16:34

Making the map as one worldspace has already been voted for.

However the map can be produced in chunks which will be mended together later.
MCBM
MCBM
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Raziel 08.02.12 14:58

Who does what?, I mean the mappers...
Lets split the group and the world up and everybody is working on a small part (yeah ok Very Happy nothing in alagaesia is small but you know what I mean) of the world

....maybe like this way?
http://img444.imageshack.us/content_round.php?page=done&l=img444/1936/whodoeswhat.jpg
Raziel
Raziel

Back to top Go down

Post by blazingsentinal 08.02.12 15:47

well if you ask me ONE person should do the basic map then everyone should get that map and do their separate bit then once thats done stick them all together
blazingsentinal
blazingsentinal

Back to top Go down

Post by Raziel 09.02.12 17:02

yes I think that's the best idea... But who will do it?
Raziel
Raziel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09.02.12 17:41

I don't know how you can stick them together

Back to top Go down

Post by Raziel 10.02.12 14:12

?
Raziel
Raziel

Back to top Go down

Post by MCBM 10.02.12 16:55

Jonix wrote:I don't know how you can stick them together

we wont stick them together

the users of the nexus will get them in parts

it goes like this : we develop an area, and we release it. Then we keep developing it, and we release another part. and another, and another, and another, till we're done.

We will segment it in workplaces, not literally.

Unfortunately not many of the parts of the world can be worked on simultaneously. Mor'ranr can, but most of the other parts, cant.

As for when we begin, I'd suggest we all train ourselves in the CK before we begin.

Wont be long though :p
MCBM
MCBM
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11.02.12 17:42

ok, I've understood

Back to top Go down

Post by micmak2 20.04.12 7:07

how are things going now? is there anyone who is close to completing their mapping project?

micmak2

Back to top Go down

Post by Raziel 21.04.12 11:37

micmak2 wrote:how are things going now? is there anyone who is close to completing their mapping project?

lol! ask in a year again....
Raziel
Raziel

Back to top Go down

Post by micmak2 22.04.12 7:14

Raziel wrote:
micmak2 wrote:how are things going now? is there anyone who is close to completing their mapping project?

lol! ask in a year again....
i take that as a no ha ha ha... man i really want this mod to go ahead... i have read each one of the inheritance books god knows how many times and for me this mod would just be amazing seen as the eargon game just like the film sucked ass

micmak2

Back to top Go down

Post by MCBM 22.04.12 13:39

Hehe, yeah, don't worry. We will make it happen.

It's just that during this particular period people ( me included ) are busy with RL
MCBM
MCBM
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum